Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Toothless

Share it Please
My little 2, soon-to-be-3, year old daughter is obsessed with How to Train Your Dragon. I can't blame her, it's one of my favorite movies too. It's to the point where my girl won't go anywhere without the movie case clutched in her little hands.

So it follows that I would make her a Toothless cake for her birthday.


If you can't tell, that is a fish in his mouth.



Of course I did something new on this cake as well. The Toothless figure is made with an inner "skeleton" made of tin foil, then covered with fondant. This makes the overall dragon lighter, and thus able to be supported by the fondant legs.



Note the characteristic 1-sided tail fin.

This was also the first cake that I have used fondant to cover the cake board itself.



I am incredibly pleased with how this one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

view sourceprint?1 2

Follow The Author