Friday, September 17, 2010

Winnie The Pooh

Share it Please
I am a total sucker.

To be clear, I do love to get paid for my services as a cake decorator. However, there has been more than one occasion where in a casual conversation someone mentions a cake they are going to make for a birthday or special occasion and they proceed to tell me that they are going to buy a character pan and frost in various colored stars.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T DO IT!!!...I want to scream at them. And sometimes I do.

In this case I pretty much threw myself at this good friend of mine who dared to tell me about the cake she was going to make for her darling boys' 1st birthday. Instead, she came over and for a very fun few hours, we made the following cake together.

note: Now that you know my weakness, please do not take advantage of me.:)

Alas, I did not make the figurines. They are toys for him to play with after, or during, the cake eating.

His name is Brandon.
I've been wanting to do "Doingies" on a cake for a while now. I love the look of the bees.

(For those of you who did not graduate from culinary school, "Doingy" is the technical term for an object attached to a cake via spring.)
note: "Doingy" is not a real term and I have never been to culinary school, taken a cake decorating class, or even made 2 identical batches of chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Love this cake and I bet your friend was glad you made it too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

view sourceprint?1 2

Follow The Author