Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Simple and Elegant Baby Shower Cake

Share it Please
After what seems like forever, I finally did another cake today.

To be honest I was just too busy even to do my own daughters birthday cake.  No matter, she did a spectacular job decorating it herself.

So it felt really good to get back in the groove and do a real cake.



This one employs the embossing technique.  That is where you roll out the fondant, then roll it again over an embossing sheet with the pattern on it.





I've used this method before to cover a cake, but I decided to take it one step further and emboss the ribbon and bow as well.




I actually liked the pattern more on the ribbon than on the actual cake.  I think next time I will just do the trim and leave the rest alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

view sourceprint?1 2

Follow The Author