The bride had, what I considered, unconventional wedding colors. They are purple, black, and red. I stuck with purple, much to the host's delight.
I started with the ribbon. I used the same technique that I used on my last cake, I just gussied this one up a bit more. I wanted it to look a little fancier.
Then I added some dark purple lillies to match the ribbon. These are the first lillies I've done with fondant (if you don't count the 5 or 6 that were scrapped because they didn't turn out). They looked deceptively simple to do, but were a little bit of a headache. I think I figured them out though.
The greatest thing about this cake is the size.
Overall, it was about 6 inches tall. I actually had to make it out of brownie instead of cake to boost it's structural integrity.
I love miniatures. This one was just so CUTE!!!